Un-believable!!! My little birdie is now a year old! I know people have told me that the first year flies by but I never imagined that when April 3rd came around, I'd be this surprised!
(My apologies to my friends and family that actually follow my blog. I just can't find the time to blog anymore. Lol!)
Let me think...what has the little guy been up to... In January he decided that he was tired of crawling, pulled himself up and took his first few steps! It was amazing to see him accomplish such a milestone! We did manage to get some of it on video, however I'm horrible about keeping this thing updated and uploading pics and video files. Ever since then he has been wallking around everywhere!
Not only is he walking and practically running, but he loves to climb. J and I used to get SO worried when we would see him balancing on the rim of his Bumbo. Now we just let him go...well I do anyway. He's a boy...he's expected to fall and get bumps and bruises! :)
Now that he's verbalizing himself more eveything is "Daw! Daw!" Which we've learned meant "down" in his baby talk. Other favorite "words" - "Dah-Da!" "Das" "Mum". "Dah-da" for the most part means"dad" but he loves saying it just for fun. "Das" has come to mean "dance", which he loves to do. But not to just any music...the song has to have a quick, fast beat in order for him to start bouncing up and down. And lastly "mum" unfortunately does not mean "mom", yet... He uses that word for food!!! :( yea its probably my fault, since birth I referred to nursing as "mum-mum". Now he relates all food to "mum"!
A few weeks ago, J and I decided to take the little one to Sea Life Park. We've taken him to the aquarium many times and he has always enjoyed looking at all the fish. I figure if he likes the fish so much, he'd get a kick out of seeing all of God's other sea creatures. :)
Turns out I was right. He had so much fun! At least that's how I interpret it. :) Of course he loved the large walk through aquarium. We sat/stood him in the looking areas so he could watch the fish swim by and he just laughed in amusement.
We definitely watched the dolphin shows. He watched, pointed and grunted. I have to admit, I think J and I had more fun than the kid during the shows. :) They got rid of the pirate ship and changed the shows quite a bit from what I remember as a kid. What was kind of amazing was that my bestie, who came along with us for the day, mentioned that the dolphins and wharphin (sp?) were the same ones from when we were kids! Didnt realize they lived that long in captivity.
Of course we had to show the kid what a real penguin looked like. :) He loves his little Ty Beanie penguin, carries it every where he goes. The penguins were very active! They kept swimming right up to the glass for us observers to see. My bestie got a few good shots of the penguins up close. She even took a pic of a penguin and held up the kids toy penguin next to it for a comparison. Big difference between the two. :)
After a little more wandering around looking at the sea lions, sea turtles and fish, we headed out to grab some lunch. We made plans to meet up with some friends on the North Shore for a little beach time. Even though it was cold, wet and windy, we all had a really good day.
Thinking back to one year ago, when I held my sweet baby boy for the first time, i never realized how much my life would change. Things that used to matter to me have faded away. Life morphed to something with so much more meaning and I wonder if I had a choice to do it all again, would I? ;)
Well as the title to this post also suggests, J and I are very happy to announce that we will be welcoming an addition to our little family. Yes, for those of you who may not already know, come October our little boy will be a big brother!
I'll definitely try to keep this blog updated more frequently with pics, vids and plain old randomness, in addition to updates on the new spawn that I am currently incubating. :) Love you all!




No comments:
Post a Comment