Monday, June 1, 2009

Eight weeks and two days...

Does anyone else agree with me that eight weeks is way too young to be leaving your child with someone to care for them for 10 hours a day? Today was my first day back to work and of course I had to leave my Little Birdie with someone while J and I were both at work. Fortunately I have loving family members that are willing to watch him.  

Last night I was having major anxiety over my returning to work and leaving little D behind. I was actually crying on my way home from my grandparents house. As soon as I got home, I cried in J's arms because I was so sad about leaving.

Initially my father offered to watch him today, however due to the nature of his business, he had to pull out last minute. My SIL was more than willing to step in to watch D. To be honest, I feel much more comfortable leaving D with her than my father. LOL!

This morning when K, my SIL, came to pick us up, I was too busy preparing and explaining things to her to feel an ounce of sadness. As soon as I kissed my Little Birdie goodbye, the tears started flowing! I wasn't worried about K caring for D, she has a daughter of her own, my niece, so I know she can handle a baby, but I was just saddened that I was being separated from him. 

When I got into my office, everyone was excited to see me and were welcoming me back, asking questions about D and how it was to be a momma. I was SO not in the mood to talk, let alone think about D. Every time I did my eyes would water. I tried to keep myself busy with all the work that I needed to catch up on.

K was great, she called every few hours to give me updates. 

The first time she called she said D was just waking up and was fussy so she was trying to feed him. Initially he did not want to take the bottle. LOL! I explained to her that was how he was with J too when he feeds him from the bottle. 

The next time she called she was saying how he keeps farting and pooping. I felt bad because even in the morning D seemed to be having some tummy problems. She went through all 10 of the cloth diapers that I had given to her and had to use the gDiapers that I left with her also! She was changing him almost every 1/2 hour! I told her that wasn't necessary unless he was making HUGE poops. She laughed and said that she just wanted him to be comfortable. She also kept commenting about how adorable and cute he is. She was amazed at how many facial expressions he has. She also mentioned to me that a few feedings, he wouldn't look at her but turned his head the opposite direction. She started to worry that he didn't like her. But after a while he warmed up to her and would look at her while he drank.

She shot me a text in the afternoon saying that D had hiccups and she didn't know what to do. I laughed and called her to tell her not to worry. He gets them when he is overly excited and eats too quickly.

All in all, she seemed to handle him very well. 

I was so excited to see him after work today. When we arrived at K's house she came outside with D to greet us. He was awake and alert, as usual, and smiled when I took him in my arms. Holding him next to me felt so comforting and warm.

I guess today was a success. D is going to grow real close to his Aunty K and cousin A. =) I'm starting to realize that working isn't so bad. It provides me with the mental stimulation that I need and fulfills my need for a social life.

Thank you K and A for all your help! =)

*Muah*

No comments:

Post a Comment