Tuesday, July 7, 2009

3 Month Check-up

Yesterday was The Kids 3 month check-up. Since J and I have given up the luxury of having two cars, I strapped The Kid in his stroller and we took a nice stroll to KMCWC. It actually didn't take us very long to get there and the little guy fell asleep along the way. I left the house slightly before 830 and we arrived at 840. I was walking faster than usual just in case it started to rain. Fortunately it did not.


So we arrived early which was a good thing because I had to clear up some insurance issues with the doctors office. Once that was cleared up the nurse called The Kid in.


The same student nurse was there taking his stats... She has gotten better at using the scale. LOL! The Kid was good, not screaming his head off while I was removing his clothes, so I'm sure that helped the nurse to get his weight quicker. 12lbs 8oz - 30%


After logging his weight we went back into the room for the rest of his check-up. She measured him the same way, marking the paper at the top of his head and at the bottom of his foot, then measuring the space between the markings. 23.75 inches - 25%


The entire time The Kid was getting measured he was cooing away, smiling and sucking on his hands. He put up a little fuss when she was trying to measure his head. 10% (Don't know the the exact measurements...)


The rest of the check-up went smoothly. The Kid's usual screaming and fussing through out the visits have been replaced with laughs and coos as he seems to be getting used to all the poking and prodding that these visits entail. He did stare at his doctor with a slightly confused look when his eyes were being examined, must have been the bright lights.


J and I were a little concerned because The Kid still spits up quite a bit with each feeding. I asked Dr L about this and he said that some babies do that up until 6 months and it's nothing to really worry about if the baby is gaining weight. The Kid doesn't appear to be lacking nutritionally so he assured me that everything was fine.


Dr L played with The Kid a little to check his mobility and strength - standing him up, placing objects in front of him to follow and grab, tummy time. He confirmed that The Kid is quite strong for his age and will probably be very active and mobile.


All in all the appointment went well, especially since The Kid wasn't fussing! Maybe he's finally getting used to these monthly visits. =)


As I was leaving and scheduling his next visit the receptionist mentioned that since it was his four month check-up, the delayed vaccinations are usually administered. =/
I'm still EXTREMELY hesitant about these vaccinations so I'm probably going to be delving into all the vaccination info that I can find. As of right now, I'm still firm on my belief that these vaccinations are NOT necessary for a child younger than the schoolage years...
Prove me wrong?
;)
Note: I haven't honestly had much time to keep this blog updated... I have TONS of pics and video clips that I would LOVE to post for all our friends and family. I'll get these up as soon as possible. Hee hee! Or I'll just bring it all to work and do it there... SHHHH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment