Since it has been SO hot lately, J and I decided to take DF to the beach on Saturday. We headed to Waikiki Walls since we went to Ala Moana last week Saturday. I used to spend all summer down at that beach when I was younger with my friends. We considered ourselves Wall Rats because we were there at least 4 - 5 days out of the week to body board even if there were no waves.
When we got there, J and I fought the crowd to find parking at the Zoo. After about maybe 10 minutes, we found a stall at the end of the zoo opposite the beach. Far walk considering all the baggage we have now a days... ;)
We found a nice spot to pitch up our little canopy. J and I decided to take DF in the water for a little while since we were both sweating from our walk down. Some of our friends were meeting us there but they weren't there yet.
Gotta make sure the little guy is slathered in sunscreen! Daddy's sweet little kisses...

J and I think this picture is hilarious! Little DF looks like he's holding the camera and taking the picture of the two of us. He looks like a little man!

Trying to all squeeze in for a family pic without getting the camera wet!
Having fun with my cam...
After a few minutes J left to go surf Publics and I hung out with DF until our friends arrived.
Little DF and little L. L is almost exactly two months younger that DF. L was born on the 4th and DF on the 3rd. DF is like three times L's size!!! =)
We stayed at the beach for a few hours before we had to pack things up, head home and get ready for our family dinner at J's rents house. On the way home DF passed out in the car.... The older he get's, the longer he fights to stay awake, and the harder it is for us to get him to take his naps!!!

On Sunday J wanted to buy a new pair of surf shorts. We headed out to the store and DF and I were wandering around. J went to go try on the shorts he picked out to make sure they would fit. Lately DF has been very wiggly when I carry him; checking out everything around him and reaching out to grab whatever he can. I was just about to turn around to head towards a rack when DF flew his head back and "WHACK"!!! He banged his head on the corner of the dressing room. For the first second he looked at me blankly, then "WAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!"
Everyone that was in the tiny little store turned to look in my direction. I was frantically trying to rub his head so that a bruise wouldn't form and J was shouting from the fitting room, "What happened???"
I felt HORRIBLE as Little DF's tears came streaking down his face.... =(
When we got home, J decided to wrap Little DF's head to "make it all better" as he claims...
J wrapping Little DF's head with the stretchy gauze...
All wrapped up...
I have to admit... he looks pretty damn cute with gauze around his head. LOL!
Later that afternoon, we headed out the our friends house for a Kid's Bounce/Pool Party. My friend M goes ALL out when she has parties. She rented two bouncers for the kids, one had a slide and mini obstacle course which could be used with water to add to the fun. She also had a small little baby pool for the younger ones.
Easing DF into the freezing water...

A little group shot of some of the kids with us...
KC, K and DF...
Trying to keep the little boy warm...
I didn't get too many pics because we were too busy having fun! LOL! After DF had some time in the pool, I passed him off to the older Momma's so I could go have some fun. J, K and I had loads of fun in the bouncers. ;)
The hostess' son on the swing...

My girl L and I... A lot of people say we could pass as sisters... I honestly don't see it. LOL!
Once the party started winding down, J picked us up (he left after a couple hours to hit the surf) and we headed to my parents house for dinner. After dinner, my sister and her friend offered to watch DF so J and I could go see a movie.
Little DF stealing grapes off of the plate.
Halmoni and DF...

So that was our busy little weekend... I can't wait for this coming weekend! Beach, grad party and who knows what else awaits us!
Halmoni and DF...
So that was our busy little weekend... I can't wait for this coming weekend! Beach, grad party and who knows what else awaits us!




No comments:
Post a Comment