Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Squeak Squeak

Little McElfy has the cutest cry I have ever heard.. When J and I heard him cry the first night we both started laughing. Where in the world does that cry come from? Below is a small clip that M took of him crying. I tried to get it many times but I always missed it. ;)



This video was taken when he was one day shy of being 2 weeks old. He is almost a month old and now his cries are starting to not start out with this cute little squeal as much... =( He's growing so fast! As much as I want him to be bigger so that J and I can play with him more, I am definitely starting to be saddened at how quickly time is going by... 

I am going to wake up one morning to be sending him off to his first day school... He's jumping out of the car, excited for what events await him. Waving anxiously, as J and I tell him to wait for us so we can give him a kiss and a hug. Tears will be forming as he turns with one final wave and embarks on his life apart from the protective care of Mommy and Daddy. 

And then another morning I will wake up to be sending him off to college. Bags packed, plane tickets in hand as this young man that we have watched grow and mature embraces us and tells us not to worry, he will call when he lands and as much as possible while he is away. As he walks out the door he shouts over his shoulder that he loves us and will be back over winter intermission.

Then with a blink of an eye, he'll be coming over for dinner to tell his Mommy and Daddy that he met a nice women that he intends to marry... She's a nice girl that he met while in college and assures us that we will love her and that they plan to move back home to Hawaii once they finish school, to start their lives together.
 
*sniff sniff* Just thinking about these events and picturing them in my mind brings tears to my eyes. Then I glance down at the little guy resting peacefully in my arms, with his cute puckered birdie lips, and hold him closer and tighter and realize how I need to cherish every second that I have with my little birdie. And to think, that it all started with this little cry... telling his Mommy and Daddy that he wants to be held and comforted...to be safely wrapped in our warm embrace...



2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh his cry is so cute!! i've never heard one like that before! hehehe i don't wanna think about our kids growing up yet... =( but you're right... these times are going to fly by so fast and we're gonna blink and wonder where it all went. sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - OMG, that cry! ADORABLE! And I totally get what you're saying about time flying. JK is growing so fast...I love it and hate it at the same time. I LOOOOVE this stage he's at and yet I miss the tiny baby stage and yet I can't wait to find out what the next stage brings. I think forward like you've done. I think it's good...it helps you capture today's essence.

    ReplyDelete