Tuesday, May 5, 2009

One Month Old - More Pics

D made a month old on Sunday... =(

Yesterday was D's one month old doc visit. I cannot believe how quickly it has gone by. His appointment went well. The nurse took his weight and measurements and the doc asked the normal questions and did his assessment of D's developement. As of right now, D is growing perfectly. ;)

According to the national scale, D is now 50% above the average for height, 40% in weight and 25% for his head size. He gained quite a bit of weight since his last doc visit 3 weeks ago. He now weighs 9 lbs and 3 oz. But he did grow as well, he is now 21.25 inches.
I didn't even realize how heavy he had gotten! I was thinking he was like 8 lbs but not 9... no wonder my arm get's a little tired when I'm carrying him for hours. LOL! 

He has started to be very alert during his waking hours. He'll look around and sometimes he will turn when he hears voices that he recognizes. He seems to get very excited when his daddy comes home. :) And so do I because that means a break for mommy!!! We have also noticed that he has been trying to smile. He actually has cracked a smile a couple times already, but according to the doc he should be able to smile directly at us this month. 

The other day J was playing with D and he saw him flip himself over from his tummy to his back! I saw it a few times too. We put D on his tummy for tummy time and he will push himself up to raise his head. Then he'll put his head down and start pushing with his arms and twisting his back until finally he flips. We have yet to determine if he does this on purpose or if he's just fussing and the flipping is the end result. He also seems to be able to move himself forward a little on his tummy by kicking his feet. The doc did say that he has very strong legs, D was trying to stand at his appointment yesterday and he does that with us as well when we carry him.

After his doctor appointment he was really fussy... FOOD!! He was really hungry. I had to pacify him in the elevator with my thumb. I didn't realize what a powerful sucker he was! Now I know why my breast's are so tender... >.-



M carrying D in the car while I ran to the bank... He was really upset - Again.



Calm, fed and content... We realized a couple days ago that he prefers to go around with no clothes on! Well, he has his diaper on but he seems more relaxed and peaceful without a shirt or onesie on. He's kind of smiling in this picture. We can't wait for the big smiles start to crack! =D



Staring at the toys on his rocker... I'm so happy that we purchased this. He takes majority of his naps in it and also plays. If he fussy's, we stretch out a leg and give him a little rock and he will usually settle down. ;)



I have a bunch more photos on my camera (these photos and all the others are taken with my cell), however I have to find the USB cable to upload the pics... LOL! I'll do that eventually, hopefully before he hit's a year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment